Innovation Support Vouchers available
The Water Test Network (WTN) offers SMEs an integrated package of support in the form of Innovation Support Vouchers. These vouchers will be tailored to the needs of the SMEs and guarantee a certain level of fully-funded support, which could be any of the following three components:
- A diagnostic report which analyses the development and support needs of the SME and their proposed technology;
- Access to a test facility to allow the SME to test their technology;
- Support with validation and verification to assist market entry, where necessary. This will include supporting SMEs to get ISO 14034 certification following the European General Verification Protocol (EU GVP).
The main goal of the project is to accelerate the time to market, increase the proportion of products reaching the market, and supporting innovative technologies through the complex processes of verification and validation, which create particular pressures in the water sector.
The amount of support costs
Support for a SME will be a minimum of €2,000, and will not exceed €50,000, except where a special case is made for high potential. All costs will be de minimis, with appropriate recording.
Depending on the support being granted, the voucher will cover the cost incurred by the test centre in hosting the trial. All the SMEs costs, including but not limited to own staffing, travel,
accommodation and logistics, must be met by the SME.
Who can apply?
The Interreg NWE Programme involves Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and parts of France, Germany and the Netherlands (the NEW area). WTN will help SMEs from across NWE to test their innovative water technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 5-8.
How to apply?
Applications for the vouchers can be submitted at any point from 11 December 2018 until 01 August 2021.
The application process consists of two stages:
- Applicants should first contact the Innovation Chaser in their region. The Innovation Chaser is the first point of contact and will support the applicant throughout the application process. He/she will assess initial eligibility of the applicant.
- If the applicant is eligible for support the Innovation Chaser will then support the applicant through the second stage of the application process. The 'Guidance Notes' below provide the applicant with detailed information about how to fill in the stage 2 application form.
More information on NEW EUROPE website.